Concrete pipe is available in three basic shapes: circular, elliptical, and rectangular. Rectangular pipe is discussed in our Box Units.
Circular pipe is available in a wide range of nominal inside diameters from 300 to 3000mm. Standard strength classes are 50-D, 65-D, 100-D, and 140-D, but higher strength classes are available. The standard lay length for all pipe sizes is 2.44m, with shorter lengths available. Each circular pipe section is supplied with a single offset joint and a pre-lubricated rubber gasket, which is tested to a hydro-static pressure of 103 kPa (15 psi). Circular pipe can be designed for open-cut or jacking installation methods. For installation with high water tables and/or where the hydro-static pressure exceeds 103 kPa (15 psi), consider the use of PERFECT PIPE.
Elliptical concrete pipe is available in equivalent circular diameters of 900 to 3000mm. Standard strength classes available are Class HE-I to HE-IV. The standard lay length for all elliptical pipe sizes is 2.44m, with shorter lengths available. Some elliptical pipe sizes are supplied with single off-set rubber gaskets. Elliptical pipe can be designed for horizontal or vertical installations.
- Storm and sanitary gravity sewer systems
- Underground storage tanks
- Culvert crossings
- Pedestrian or wildlife crossings
- Not as dependent on the pipe-soil interaction for its structural strength, therefore is not as installation sensitive as other pipe materials
- Quick installation in any weather condition
- Available in countless configurations, such as bends, radius, and custom fittings
- Plant Prequalification Program
- OPSS 1820 – Material Specification for Circular Concrete Pipe
- CSA A257.2 – Reinforced Concrete Culvert, Storm, and Sewer Pipe
- CSA S6 – Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code
- ASTM C507 – Standard Specification for Reinforced Concrete Elliptical Culvert, Storm Drain, and Sewer Pipe
- OPSS 410 – Construction Specification for Pipe Sewer Installation in Open Cut
- OPSS 416 – Construction Specification for Pipeline and Utility Installation by Jacking and Boring
- OPSS 421 – Construction Specification for Pipe Culvert Installation in Open Cut
Selecting the right concrete pipe for your application is easy with the help of our Sales or Engineering staff. Con Cast Pipe has a range of sizes, and appurtenances to suit your every need.
- Joint Details – 300 to 975mm Diameter Pipes
- Joint Details – 1050 to 3000mm Diameter Pipes
- 1050mm – 3000mm Diameter Pipe Bends
- 1200mm – 3000mm Diameter Radius Pipe
- 90 & 45 Degree Bend Dimensions
- Curved Alignment Using Radius Pipe
- 300mm – 900mm Diameter Pipe with PVC Tee
- 300mm – 900mm Diameter Pipe with Concrete Tee
- 975mm – 3000mm Diameter Pipe with PVC Tee
- Tees & Wyes
- CCP Shop Drawings for Elliptical Pipe
- 900mm – 2100mm Diameter Equiv. Radius Horizontal Elliptical Pipe