Precast concrete has a long history of reliability and a life-cycle cost that is considerably lower than any other construction material available today. Designers, contractors and owners that specify precast concrete can expect a service life of 100 plus years from a product that gets stronger over time. Other benefits include the fact that precast concrete has the ability to “self-heal” small cracks through Autogenous Healing, it does not leach toxic materials into the environment, and it does not burn or support combustion.
Con Cast Pipe uses modern manufacturing technologies and stringent quality control standards to ensure that we supply durable and cost-effective products. Components such as the wall thickness, steel reinforcing, and concrete mix designs can be modified to meet the performance requirements of any project.
Our reinforced concrete products are designed and manufactured in accordance with the following standards and specifications:
- Plant Prequalification Program (PPP)
- Canadian Precast Prestressed Concrete Institute (CPCI)
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- Ontario Provincial Standard Drawings (OPSD) and Specifications (OPSS)
- Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code – CAN/CSA-S6-06 (CHBDC)
- American Standards for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way Association (AREMA)
- Local municipal standards.
Please click on a product category to learn more.